Level 1 — Improv Basics (Class 1 of 6)
January 21 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$175
$155 until one week prior, then $175
Throughout this 6-week introduction class, students will explore the basic concepts of improvisation in a warm, safe and supportive environment. The class is designed to build self-confidence and explore creativity using the fundamentals of improvisation. Designed for both actors and non-actors, it will expose students to:
* Being – and reacting – in the moment.
* Accepting and building on gifts from other classmates.
* Embracing – and using – failure.
* Co-creating with others (listening, communicating, giving & taking focus).
* Thriving in an unscripted environment.
Students leaving this course will have a working understanding of the basic fundamentals of improvisational theater as well as an increased appreciation, and comfort, with being on stage without a script.
Start Date: Tuesday, January 21
End Date: Tuesday, February 25
All classes are 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. at Limelight Theatre
Early Bird Registration available through January 14: $155
Regular Registration available January 15 – 20: $175
Got questions? Call 904-825-1164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.