Level 1 — Improv Basics (Class 1 of 6)
August 19 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$145
$145 until one week prior, then $155
Throughout this 6-week course, students will explore the basic concepts of improvisation in a warm, safe and supportive environment. The class is designed to build self-confidence and explore creativity using the fundamentals of improvisation. Designed for both actors and non-actors, it will expose students to:
- Being – and reacting — in the moment.
- Accepting and building on gifts from other classmates.
- Embracing – and using — failure.
- Co-creating with others (listening, communicating, giving & taking focus).
- Thriving in an unscripted environment.
- Students leaving this course will have a working understanding of the basic fundamentals of improvisational theater as well as an increased appreciation, and comfort, with being on stage without a script.